This specialist one-to-one support is primarily provided for students with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This support aims to develop students’ skills and independent learning. It is tailored to a student’s individual needs with the clear objectives and timescales for achieving these goals.
Our highly specialist tutors will provide 1:1 academic and social support to enable students with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to overcome barriers to learning and progress throughout college or university. Tutors will work with students to address specific academic issues that students with ASD have in completing academic work alongside supporting with social barriers within the academic environment. Tutors will support students in their academic journey by advising and guiding them to develop a variety of academic and transferable/interpersonal skills e.g. social and communication skills.
Topics might include:
- time management and organisational skills
- efficient strategies for reading academic texts
- note taking from texts, hand-outs and in lectures
- research skills
- mind mapping and planning techniques
- proof reading strategies
- approaching written assignments
- memory techniques and strategies
- revision methods
- analysing exam/essay questions.