Young people today face many challenges growing up in our ever-changing multicultural and technologically-oriented society. They are often overwhelmed with a wide range of emotions that all happen at one time, experiencing developmental changes that are unique to each individual.
Counselling enables young people to gain a better understanding of themselves and the situations facing them and to develop strategies to cope with change.
Counselling can help young people develop their ability to say clearly what they need, feel, and think and importantly, to hear clearly what others need, feel and think.
Optimum student support is focused on self-empowerment. We don’t give young people answers but work together with them, teaching them the skills and giving them the tools to find the answers for themselves.
Our counsellors will work with young people:
- To help them to understand and change any self-defeating behaviour
- To guide them in communicating more effectively with their parents and peers
- To learn how to express their feelings appropriately
- To gain self-confidence and self-esteem
- To develop more positive social skills