Optimum Student Support understands that every student learns differently and that every student deserves the best chance of achieving their full potential in education.
Subject-specific tutors will provide additional study skills guidance and support in a subject specific area i.e. Maths, English, Science, French, Spanish.
This 1:1 academic tuition is individually tailored to student’s needs. Each student will be matched with the tutor that can meet the student’s exact needs and requirements i.e students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) which may include Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Dyscalculia and ASD.
Our tutors are skilled at supporting students who struggle with subject content or who have difficulty sustaining attention in a classroom setting.
Tutors work one-to-one with students to teach them, review concepts, go through homework assignments step by step, identify learning gaps, provide missing information to ensure that pupils have a strong grasp of required material, and prepare them for upcoming tests and exams.
Our tutors will also work with students to develop their skills in:
- structuring essays and other written work
- revision methods
- analysing exam/essay questions
- critical and reflective thinking and research skills
- comprehension, summarising, referencing and note taking
- developing and implementing proof reading strategies
- assisting with time management and other academic-related organisational skills
- examination preparation/revision techniques
- understanding and implementing feedback from academic staff
Our tutors can visit a student at home, in school or the sessions can take place at our comfortable tuition centre in Cheltenham.