Job reference: CP007
Optimum Student Support delivers highly specialised, individually tailored academic and mental health support services to students and privately funded clients at all educational levels including, schools, colleges and universities in the UK.
Due to the expansion of our specialist service, we are looking to expand our team of dedicated and experienced counsellors and psychotherapists. Our counselling service offers an integrative approach, with counsellors experienced in a range of approaches, including person-centred, psychodynamic and TA.
We are looking to recruit qualified counsellors and psychotherapists to work with young people and adults.
It is essential that you:
- deliver sessions according to Optimum Student Support guidelines and Code of Conduct
- manage paperwork effectively, i.e. completing time sheets
- represent Optimum Student Support in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality and safeguarding.
- have monthly supervision.
Location: Gloucestershire / Worcestershire / Warwickshire
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- a recognised Counselling diploma qualification or higher or a qualification in psychology or psychotherapy
- BACP/UKCP registration is essential; working towards accreditation is essential – BACP Membership is not sufficient.
- rich and varied experience of Counselling different sectors of and clients in society
- have experience of using a range of evidenced based brief interventions to meet different needs,
- have experience of integrating different therapeutic modalities / treatment approaches
- be a well organised professional with a strong sense of professional boundaries, with experience of working in an organisational setting.
- be able to show a solid track record of delivering counselling/psychotherapy
- must be familiar with undertaking risk management and safety planning, remaining calm in a crisis and in handling sensitive information on a daily basis
- experience of working with students in an educational setting is desirable.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent pay
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible hours
- Various types of contracts available
- A dedicated team who you can contact at any time to provide you with support
- Ongoing training and professional development
- A personalised support email address
- A photographic ID card.
The working hours vary according to the needs of the client and the number of clients you will be allocated. Sessions will take place at our centre in Cheltenham or at the student’s school or college.
Optimum Student Support Ltd is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. Optimum Student Support Ltd is a Disability Committed employer and promotes diversity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to the email address below, stating the job reference number.