Job reference: AST005
Optimum Student Support delivers highly specialised, individually tailored academic and mental health support services to students and privately funded clients at all educational levels including, schools, colleges and universities in the UK.
Due to the expansion of our specialist service, we are looking to expand our team of dedicated and experienced academic tutors.
We are looking to recruit qualified teachers to provide additional support to students who may need extra support in their chosen subjects. Often, students will require ongoing support throughout their studies; others might require less support as the course continues; while some students might need additional support as the demands of their course intensify.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- You will be able to communicate confidently with students who require additional support in your subject area
- To provide individually tailored sessions for each student according to their individual needs and/or required support
- To work one-to-one with students to teach them, review concepts, go through homework assignments step by step, identify learning gaps, provide missing information to ensure that pupils have a strong grasp of required material, and prepare them for upcoming tests and exams
- To deliver tutoring according to Optimum Student Support guidelines and Code of Conduct
- Manage paperwork effectively, i.e. completing time sheets and Individual Learning Plans (ILPs)
- You will be expected to represent Optimum Student Support in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality and safeguarding.
Location: Gloucestershire / Worcestershire / Warwickshire
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
- You will be educated to degree level (2:1 or above) and hold a teaching qualification.
- You will have experience of working with students (possibly with disabilities and/or specific learning difficulties on a 1:1 basis).
- You must be able to assess learner’s needs and devise an appropriate Individual Learning Plan (ILP).
- It is imperative to understand the needs, objectives and constraints of others.
- You will provide students with the skills to maximise their potential and to overcome any barriers to learning.
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
What we can offer you:
- Salary – £28 per hour
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible hours
- Various types of contracts available
- A dedicated team who you can contact at any time to provide you with support
- Ongoing training and professional development
- A personalised support email address
- A photographic ID card.
The working hours vary according to the needs of the student and the number of students you will be allocated. All Optimum Student Support employees must be able to receive emails and phone calls when on location. Tutoring sessions will take place at our tuition centre in Cheltenham or at the student’s school or college.
Optimum Student Support Ltd is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. Optimum Student Support Ltd is a Disability Committed employer and promotes diversity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to the email address below, stating the job reference number.