At Optimum Student Support we put our student’s needs, requirements and wishes at the centre of everything we do.
We do this through effective teamwork, communication and using ongoing feedback from students to improve, adapt and evolve our service delivery.
We believe it is this approach that sets us apart from other service providers and why our student service satisfaction is consistently high.
We are committed that our partners in FE and HE Student Support Services and Disability Teams receive the same consistently high service, focused attention to detail and effort, when choosing Optimum Student Support as a preferred supplier of NMH services.
Optimum Student Support will:
- Ensure that communication is ongoing, effective, practical and timely
- Match students with mentors and tutors’ qualifications and experience that can meet student’s exact needs and requirements
- Guarantee all support staff to be DSA-QAG compliant
- Ensure all support staff receive monthly supervision and ongoing training
- Each mentor and tutor will provide weekly or monthly individual progress reports for each student and will be available for joint meetings and telephone updates
- Allocate a bookings coordinator to an individual Institution and inform of student-mentor/tutor match to ensure consistent and coordinated communication
- Inform you of newly recruited support staff
At Optimum Student Support we know that communicating effectively is central to managing and improving our joint service delivery in meeting the needs and requirements of our students. We believe our commitment to effective communication binds people together and allows many individuals to act with a common purpose and with coordinated activity.
Effective communication is not just about providing the right information at the right time. It is also about anticipating the needs of others, packaging information in ways that are practical and relevant to the task at hand, and being mindful and respectful of the different perspectives and knowledge that others in our partner teams might have.